Thursday 29 November 2012

First Impression


Twenty thousand leagues under the sea by Jules Verne is about a person named captain Nemo, and the adventures he goes on with his crew and submarine Nautilus.
Overall, the first twenty pages were slightly good, parts were a bit slow moving and a bit too technical for me, a few questions about the story are kinda left unanswered still, but I have more too read about !
The first chapter opens up in the year 1866, kinda a weird year to start a book.. I was mostly confused to what was going on in the book and what was happening, Apparently an “unexplainable” and “strange” event had occurred … and everyone in Europe and America is talking about the event, strange starting to a book. When I kept reading The sea men, in particular, are disturbed. Throughout the summer of 1866, various ships report the sighting of a huge creature, rapidly moving and with blowholes.
The book seemed very adventurous but I still didn’t fully understand to what was going on.
Many incidents kept occurring and it was only the first twenty pages. I hope when I read more I will start putting the puzzle pieces together to what is going on in the book. I hope to start liking it more and more when I keep reading. Overall its alright, not the best 20 pages iv read but im still interested into whats going to happen in the future of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment